BSA Hospice of the Southwest offers advanced care in our beautiful inpatient hospice unit inside Bivins Pointe. This is one of the many attributes that make us a unique partner in care. In fact, we’re one of the few local hospices with a hospice inpatient unit.
Our inpatient unit at Bivins Pointe was created to feel like home while providing 24-hour, compassionate, expert care. With large rooms, comfortable lounge areas, and expansive windows offering views of the outdoors, patients can find peace and comfort while loved ones have the peace of mind that comes from knowing they are getting the best care possible.
Our Dedicated Team
Our highly-trained staff provides intensive nursing, spiritual, and supportive care to meet each patient’s unique needs.
We have an excellent staff to patient ratio and our patients are cared for by a highly skilled team of caring professionals. Your team will include: Hospice Physicians, RNs, LVNs, Trained Volunteers, Nurses Aides, Social Workers, and Spiritual Care.
Where is Care Provided?
The majority of hospice care is provided in residential settings: in the home of the patient or family, in apartments, retirement centers, or care facilities including nursing homes and assisted living centers.
But those who meet the criteria for acute, hospital-like care because of unmet symptoms or pain may receive their care in our Inpatient Hospice Unit, located on the upper level of Bivins Pointe, conveniently located in the Medical Center of Amarillo.
What Does Inpatient Care Involve?
- Twenty-four hour medical care by our competent, experienced RNs.
- Personal care for the patient by an on-site Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Regular visits and consultation from our hospice physicians.
- Modern patient rooms of 350 square feet featuring technologies that optimize care.
- Open visitation hours and comfortable lounge areas for the family.
- Access to an eating area where food can be brought in and family fellowship enjoyed.
- A team of hospice professionals available to support the patient and family members.